What's In Your Box?
October 25, 2014, 12:09:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the WiYB forums!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OS X Leopard awarded Unix 03 Certification  (Read 9664 times)
EvlClown666
Users

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2007, 05:19:57 AM »

I found this a while back and thought I'd share it with everyone, the Open Group awarded Leopard with a rare certification that only the likes of a few companies have achieved (HP, Sun, IBM) which is the Unix 03 Certification.  Here is a link to a brief article on it.  http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/01/leopard-qualifies-for-official-unix-03-certification/
shoegoo
Administrator
Users

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:01:54 PM »

I think I had heard in the past that there was a Unix certification process, but I haven't really looked into it much til this story broke a week or so ago.  It's quite interesting.  Apparently one of the reasons there are so few certified products is that the certification is costly and it only covers specific kernel revisions (so new ones would not be certified).  A lot of what I read explained that this is why no BSD or Linux distros have ever sought certification.  I believe it also said that the libraries included in most Linux distros dont implement some of the more obscure functions necessary for certification.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: